--------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 6 Baseball

When I think of the love of the game, I first think of my cousin Chris, who would come over to watch my brother and me and we would always play baseball.  He kept every uniform from the YMCA teams he was on and played in through high school.  It was this passion that drove him into journalism, since in the beginning he hoped to be a sports writer.
My second thoughts of baseball are how my last summer in Savannah, I was able to go to the games often 2 or 3 times a week.  This is what I refer to as feeding the beast. I LOVE BASEBALL.  I even convinced the Scottish boyfriend it was the cheapest bar in town and he learned to love it!
My third thought of baseball is family, my family would go to Ranger games every summer and enjoy sitting in the cheap seats and watching the games.  Even though Dad loves baseball as much as Mom, I have many a memory of hitting a few parks, just the two of us, especially on our Route 66 trip--Arlington, St. Louis, as well as Anaheim and Los Angeles.
I had fun tonight with Mike and it was a night where added memories will come into play since we had plenty of entertainment around us in the stands! _______________________ _________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment