--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Austin Eats-Trailer Park Eatery

 
Since my trip to Austin has been one of meeting new people and gathering information, I met someone new, had a wonderful chat about everything under the sun, and the subject came round to food.  I told the man I was interested in the gourmet trailers and wanted some of the "good stuff".  This led to me finding Torchy's Tacos.  They just opened a new location during my visit-missed the free beer and eats- but I went to the Trailer Park and Eatery and had some wonderful tastes.  I tried the Fried Avacado and The Brushfire-a jamaican jerk chicken taco.  The diablo sauce and mango were a fabulous balance and a tasting of the pork had me coming back at another time.


Beyond ordering the official drink of Texas- Dr. Pepper (elixir of the gods), Dad saw a sign for the best hot chocolate in the United States.  Although it was a hot day, the hot chocolate wasn't very hot but it was really good.  Don't know about being the best in U.S., but as you can see from the picture collage at the top, the homemade marshmallow was fantastic and a great addition to a really authentic cup of cocoa.  Mom and I saw the nookie and were keen on trying it.



It was a bit of a disappointment as we had hoped upon skimming the description that it was a cookie that was deepfried.It was close, but not cooked- it was chocolate chip cookie dough that had crumbs on it and then was deep fried- like a sweet desert hush puppy.  The park was interesting and along with it had a the trailer Man Bites Dog.  We were so full after being told we needed to order 2 tacos to be satisfied that there wasn't any room for a dog.--We saved the dog for the day at the ballpark.

This place can be rented out to private parties-although parking could be limited or a possible problem.  There is a game room with ping pong and foosball, plenty of bar space and places to sit and visit as well as a great view of nature on the back of the lot.  Mom noticed that they had outdoor lights strung like a pulled back curtain-pretty and magical and possibly something we will be doing for the summer at the Scott house. _______________________ _________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Friend just wrote me this joke. I can't believe I never heard it!
    Why does Dr Pepper come in a bottle? Because his wife died! I heard this 5th grade 1969 never forgot it.

    ReplyDelete