--------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 23, 2012

Cowboy up! Senses and Cowboy Poetry Festival

So this is what's happened in Awesometown (aka Santa Clarita) in the past few days:

Thursday was a perfect storm of warm weather and good food, not to mention the coming weekend for Cowboy Poetry.  The city had been on local tv that morning for KTLA and so Senses on Main in Old Town Newhall was a crowded night.  I worked so no drinks, but I was eying the Whiskey Girl themed drink the Vu had.  Food trucks did well and I made the conscious decision to go for Kogi's sweet chili chicken quesadilla- a dish I've broken out eating before.  No blisters this time but my dogs were tired at the end of the night,- almost as tired as my friend's dog Bailey, who greeted everyone and was ready to leave or fall asleep at the end of the night.
Saturday and Sunday was Cowboy Poetry Festival.  The City of Santa Clarita has been doing this for years and doing it up right.  I saw lots of interesting things while working one of the stages.  My favorite two was the man who tucked his suit pants into his boots and the woman on a segway in her purple track suit, jazzed up bicycle helmet, and blinded out red, white and blue bag.  

I was at home wearing the jeans, boots and hat.  The crew is always the hardest working but they know how to get along, and play hard too so Saturday night was a good gathering of the crew and then Sunday as the festival goes into autopilot for a few moments, corn hole games and jokes were exchanged.  So if you've ever wondered about Cowboy Poetry Festival- it's worth going-plan on it next year!

_______________________ _________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment