--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jolene Covers

This was the beginning of my cover obsession/fascination as of this year
Love the original written and performed by Dolly Parton but I have loved the Sherrie Austin version for years and it was one of the reason I purchased her album.


Jack White never ceases to amaze and surprise! So what a great live version from The White Stripes.


And then there's my gal, Norah Jones. I keep waiting for a country release from her. Hope to catch her performing and jamming country at some point in my lifetime! Here's a sample of her performing with Keith Urban and John Mayer (as a Johnny Depp)



And I do not understand the getup/dress up as a tribute to the Momma of it all, Dolly Parton, but here is Grace Potter and the Nocturnals with a rendition!

_______________________ _________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Friend on FB just told me to check out the Electro House Club Mix--pretty fun! http://bit.ly/eRHCEd

    ReplyDelete