--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago Radio!

WXRT is my very top thing I look forward to upon returning to the Chicago area.

When I was a young co-ed at Illinois State, I used to know what mile marker on North I-55, XRT could be picked up by the car stereo.  Although now swallowed up by corporate radio, the station gives the hometown feel and has many of the DJs that have been on since I started listening in the 90s.  It was a station that was one of the last hold outs to internet stream---something I still forget to this day!

I was driving the parents car today and made the station flip automatically and pleased to hear many familiar voices and just about the best variety of songs from multiple decades.  Although possibly less alternative songs in the rotation now versus the past--in a era of less programing and more formula radio, it's a breath of fresh air and a treat for my ears when they make their way home to Chicago. _______________________ _________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment